Effective Immediately & Due to the Damage from Multiple Storms – We Are Now Scheduling Appointments for ALL Estimates. THANK YOU!

Frequently Asked Questions

car accident faq

What should I do if someone hits my car & leaves a note?

  • Contact the person who left the note right away to confirm their identity and obtain their insurance information.
  • If you were parked at a business, try and obtain security footage of the accident. Contact the business as soon as possible.
  • Get a repair estimate and submit it to the person who left the note, their insurance company, or both.

Is it safe to drive my vehicle immediately after an accident?

  • First and foremost, if you don’t feel comfortable driving it, then don’t. You can have it towed directly to the shop of your choice.
  • Your tires can be popped by a fender or another part of your car rubbing against them, so either keep damaged parts from touching your tires or park the vehicle altogether.
  • Headlight and taillight damage are considered a “non-drive” by insurance and repairer standards.
  • If you’re comfortable driving your vehicle, make sure no parts are hanging off that could further damage it or break free and damage another vehicle.

If my vehicle’s frame is damaged, is it totaled?

  • There’s no way to know until an estimate has been done and the vehicle’s value has been determined.
  • It’s common to repair or replace a damaged frame on newer vehicles; however, the only way to know for certain is to get an estimate.

Can you match paint colors?

  • We guarantee our color match in all instances except plastic parts such as bumpers. The chemical process of drying and curing affect plastics differently, but we’ll do our best to get the closest match possible.
  • Although our color match is guaranteed, we remind customers that the variety of paint colors, body styles, and lines on newer vehicles may cause paint to appear different when viewed from various angles.

Will my vehicle be the same?

  • In short, yes. We perform repairs that serve to restore the vehicle to its pre-loss condition relative to safety, function, and appearance. The only notable or allowable difference comes in the type of parts used. Whenever possible, we prefer to use factory OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) parts. Unfortunately, insurance companies often insist on the use of aftermarket parts for cost-effectiveness. We are happy to discuss options to work around the use of aftermarket parts at our customer’s request.

Why won’t your shop give me an estimate over the phone or from an email with a picture?

  • There are many variations in cars so even with a vehicle identification number (VIN) it is difficult to provide an accurate estimate. It’s also very hard to determine the extent of a vehicle’s damage from a photo. The most accurate quotes are produced when a vehicle is inspected in person.

What are betterment charges?

  • Betterment charges relate to insurance claims. If an insurance company replaces a specific wear item, such as a tire, battery, or mechanical component, oftentimes, an insurance company will only pay a certain percentage of the replacement item. For example, if you are in a collision and you need a tire replaced that has used 40% of its tread, the insurance company will only pay for the remaining 60% of the tire’s useful life.

When is my deductible due?

  • Prior to the completion of repairs, we ask customers to clarify how their insurance company plans to handle payments (i.e.: are they sending a check to the customer, the shop, the bank, etc.).
  • We collect deductibles once repairs are complete, you’ve inspected the vehicle, and you’re happy with the work that’s been done.

Can I get a ride home when I drop off my car?

  • We are happy to provide a ride if needed. Please just let us know prior to your appointment to make sure we have an employee available. When your repairs are complete, we can arrange a ride for you as well.

When is alternative transportation provided / do you offer loaner vehicles?

  • Unfortunately, we do not offer loaner vehicles at our facility. If we find that your vehicle needs to be at our facility longer than is reasonable, or if we need you to bring your vehicle back in for rework, we’ll gladly arrange to pay for a rental vehicle.